What do you know about bromelain?
Pinapple is a common tropical fruit. In our daily life, we often eat it in summer. However, do you know the most powerful component bromelain in pinapple?
Bromelain is a pure natural plant protease obtained by extracting pineapple stem, leaves and skins. The production processes contains refining, purifying, concentrating, enzymatically immobilizing and freeze-drying. Its appearance is light gray powder, with a molecular weight of 33,000 and an isoelectric point of 9.55. The best quality bromelain is obtained by processing the stems of pineapple with the ways of ultrafiltration. Bromelain is a natural, non-toxic, hygienic and safe protease that can be widely used in food, pharmaceutical and biological industries.
1. Food Industry
(1) Baked goods: If people add bromelain to the dough, then bromelain can degrade the gluten next the dough becomes easier to process. And at last, the taste and quality of biscuits and bread can improve.
(2) Meat tenderization: Bromelain hydrolyzes large protein molecules of meat protein into easily absorbed small amino acids and proteins, so bromelain can be widely used in finishing meat products.
2. Pharmaceutical Industry
(1) Inhibit the growth of tumor cells: According to the observation of relevant clinical studies, bromelain can inhibit the growth of tumor cells.
(2) Prevention and treatment of cardiovascular diseases: Bromelain, as a proteolytic enzyme, is beneficial to the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular diseases.
(3) Anti-inflammatory: Bromelain can effectively treat inflammation and edema in various tissues. Bromelain has the potential to activate inflammatory response. It can also treat diarrhea.
(5) Improve drug absorption: The combination of bromelain and various antibiotics (such as tetracycline, amoxicillin, etc.) can improve the efficacy of antibiotics. Studies have shown that it increases the delivery of antibiotics to infected areas, thereby reducing the use of antibiotics. In addition, bromelain promotes the absorption of nutrients.