Latin Name: Abelmoschus esculentus (L.) Moench
Part Used: Whole herb
Specification: Carotene 5:1; 10:1; 20:1
Appearance: Brownish yellow fine powder
CAS NO.: NA
Test Method: By TLC
Molecular Formula: NA
Molecular Weight: NA
Okra is also called “solanum ferox” and it originates from India. Its seeds can be squeezed to oil.
It contains abundant vitamins and minerals.Plus, it has lots of microelements that can improve the ability of anti-cancer.
It has the effects in reducing blood fat, losing weight, calcium intake and sweeping the fatigue.
It owns a high health care and edibleness value.
Function and Application:
1. Okra is rich in zinc and selenium and other microelements what can enhance the ability of anti-cancer.
2. Okra is full of nutrients, like iron, calcium, carbohydrates, vitamin C, edible fiber and other nourishment, so it has an effect in prevention of anemia.
3. It has a protective mucin secretion in the stomach and it can promote the secretion of gastric juice and improve the digestion embolism.
4. Okra is rich in vitamin A that can act retinal health benefits and vision maintenance.
5. Okra can active the central nervous of male,and it is responsible for prostatitis,sexual debility, endocrine disorder and other symptoms,so which is called "plant viagra".
Application: Health care products;Food