Categories
Latest Products
  • Horny Goat Weed Extract Icariin
  • Fisetin 98%
  • Organic White Willow Bark Extract
  • Echinacea extract
  • Siberian Ginseng Extract
  • Linseed Extract Powder
Contact Us
Lycopene Powder

Lycopene Powder

Product Name:Lycopene powder
Botanical source: Lycopersicon esculentum Mill
Appearance:fine red powder
Test by:HPLC

Description


Product Introduction

Lycopene powder is of bright red color. Lycopene is the major active component in tomato Extract. It is produced from the pulp of ripe fruits of Lycopersicon esculentum Mill. (Fam. Solanaceae), after removing the tomato water-soluble fraction.

USP defines that Lycopene contains NLT 4.7% and NMT 12.0% of lycopene (C40H56), NLT 0.8% of the combined amount of phytofluene(C40H68)and phytoene (C40H64, NLT 0.2% of beta carotene (C40H56), and NLT 1.0% of tocopherols (C28H48O2) on the anhydrous basis.


Product Character

Source: Lycopersicon esculentum Mill.

Active content:

Lycopene powder 5% ;10%

Lycopene oil suspension 5% ; 6%; 10%


Specification

Lycopene crystals

80%,85%,90%

Lycopene powder

5%,6%,10%,20%

Lycopene oil suspension

5%,6%,10%,15%,20%

Lycopene microcapsules

5%,10%

Lycopene microemulsion

2%

Water-soluble lycopene(CWS)

5,10%


Extraction method of lycopene:

Organic solvent extraction method of lycopene

Lycopene is a fat-soluble pigment, hardly soluble in methanol, ethanol, soluble in ether, petroleum ether, hexane, acetone, and easily soluble in organic solvents such as chloroform, carbon disulfide, and benzene. Among many organic solvents, chloroform is used as the organic solvent to extract lycopene with the best effect.


Process flow

The main steps include: drying and crushing fresh tomatoes or tomato skins, selecting an organic solvent or mixed solvent as the extraction liquid for solid-liquid extraction, and finally concentrating the extracting liquid in vacuum to obtain a crude product of lycopene.

This method is simple and easy to implement. However, because tomatoes also contain other ingredients, and there will be traces of organic solvents, only solvent extraction is used to obtain products—generally, the purity of the product is not high, and the lycopene content is about 5% to 15%, and it is usually not lycopene crystals but an oily substance called lycopene oleoresin.


Benefit

1. Delay aging

2. Protect the cardiovascular system

3. Anti-radiation

4. Prevent and suppress cancer

5. Sunburn protection


About Victarbio

certificates

victarbio team in EXPO

workshop

Hot Tags: lycopene powder, China, manufacturers, suppliers, factory, buy, cheap, low price, organic, pure natural, high quality, GMP certified, ISO certified, 100% natural, factory supply, hot sale
Send Inquiry