Peony Root extract
Latin Name: Paeonia Lactiflora Pall Extract
Part Used: peony root
Specification: 10% , 20%, 60%, 80% paeoniflorin
Appearance: light brown fine powder
Test Method: By HPLC
Molecular Formula: C23H28O11
Molecular Weight: 480.45
1. The peony is a flowering plant in the genus paeonia. Most of them originate in the Asia, Europe, and Western North America.
2. The root of P. lactiflora (Radix Paeoniae Lactiflorae), the flower and seed have been used in traditional medicines of Korea, China and Japan.
3. Peony is sometimes called red peony and white peony, but this does not represent the color of the flowers, but the color of the processed root.
Function and Application of Peony Root extract:
1. Peony root extract is used for gout, osteoarthritis, fever, respiratory tract illnesses, and cough.
2. For women, it can cure menstrual cramps, polycystic ovary syndrome, premenstrual syndrome(PMS).
3. Its extract is used for viral hepatitis, liver cirrhosis, upset stomach, muscle cramps, and atherosclerosis.
4. This root extract is used for spasms, whooping cough, epilepsy, nerve pain migraine headache, and chronic fatigue syndrome.
5. It is also applied to skin for healing cracked skin, especially for anus (anal fissures) and hemorrhoids
Application of Peony Root extract:
The extract has been used in the capsule, tablets and ointment.