Shiitake mushroom extract powder is the essence of Shiitake mushroom, which have been used in Japan and China for thousands of years. It is also known as a food and medicinal fungus. For a long time, people believed that shiitake mushrooms can increase energy, treat colds and remove intestinal parasites. The key ingredient of Shiitake mushroom extract is polysaccharide called lentinan. Lentinan is extracted from the crushed mycelium of shiitake mushrooms.
Latin Name:Lentinus Edodes
Part Used: Mushroom
Specification: 10%-50% Polysaccharides
Appearance: Brownish yellow powder
Test Method: By UV
Grade:Health Care Products&Food
Lentinus Edodes have an excellent safety record, but are known to induce temporary diarrhea and bloating when taken in large amounts (over 15-20 grams per day). Its safety in pregnant and breastfeeding women has not been established. It is best to consult your physician before taking this herb.
For fitness, it is generally recommended to take 200-300mg of standard 20% lentinan or Polysaccharides. For diseases such as cancer, hepatitis and hyperlipidemia, the dose should be doubled or as directed by a physician.
There are more than 10 kinds of amino acids in shiitake mushrooms extract, including 7 kinds of essential amino acids such as isoleucine, lysine, phenylalanine, methionine, threonine, valine, and vitamins B1, B2, PP and mineral salts and crude fiber.
1. Mushrooms are very high in unsaturated fatty acids. In addition to containing ergosterol (ergosterol), there is also fungi sterol (fungi sterol), especially a large amount of ergosterol can be converted into vitamin D, which has the effect of enhancing the body's anti-disease and preventing colds;
2. Regular consumption of shiitake mushrooms is beneficial to prevent rickets (especially infants) caused by blood phosphorus and blood calcium metabolism disorders caused by lack of vitamin D in the human body, and can prevent various mucosal and skin inflammations in the human body;
3. There are also adenine (eriadenine) and choline in shiitake mushrooms, which can prevent liver cirrhosis and arteriosclerosis;
4. Mushrooms also contain butyrate oxidase, which has the effect of lowering blood pressure.
5. Serum cholesterol-lowering components (C6H11O4N5, C9H11O3N) were also isolated from shiitake mushrooms.
1.reduce serum cholesterol
Shiitake mushroom extract powder have been shown to reduce cholesterol. 80% of mushroom fiber is chitin. A Japan paper published in 1985 argued that chitin was shown to lower serum cholesterol. Shiitake mushrooms also contain shiitake purines. A 1971 trial showed that shiitake purines lowered cholesterol by 5% to 10%. Another type of cholesterol-fighting substance in shiitake mushrooms is lentinan. According to Eastern and Western publications, shiitake mushroom extract reduced serum cholesterol by 25 to 45% in the blood of mice fed with high cholesterol. It activates the processing and activation of cholesterol in the liver, and the test showed a significant hepatoprotective effect on test mice affected by liver-damaging compounds.
2.boost immune system
Current research focuses on the function of shiitake mushrooms as immune stimulants and their ability to fight numerous diseases including atherosclerosis, cancer, bacterial and viral infections, etc.
Studies have shown that shiitake mushrooms extract contain a large amount of substances, including shiitake mushroom mycelium (LEM), which has been used in the treatment of patients with viral infections such as HIV and AIDS. The antiviral activity of Lentinus edodes LEM may be due to its ability to induce the production of natural chemicals such as interferons that produce immunity to virus-infected cells.
There are also studies on Shiitake mushrooms’s ability to reduce blood clotting; therefore,It is often highlighted that patients taking blood-thinning drugs must avoid consuming too much for extended periods.