As its English name shows, Feverfew extract can help improve a cold and improve the symptoms of fever. Feverfew compounds can slow the cause of the inflammation and can reduce seizure frequency and pain of arthritis. It is listed in USP and medical function is approved.
Feverfew extract is the flower bud extract of ChryanthemumParthenium, it mainly contains volatile oil (α-pinene) and sesquiterpene lactone (Parthenolide parthenlide; it has analgesic, anti-tumor, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and migraine effects; it is often used to treat migraine. It is also used to treat arthritis, rheumatism, dysmenorrhea, leukemia, etc.
Latin Name: Tanacetum Parthenium L.
Part Used: Flower bud
Specification: 0.3%, 0.8% Parthenolide
Appearance: Brown yellow fine powder
CAS NO.: 20554-84-1
Test Method: By HPLC
Molecular Formula: C15H20O3
Molecular Weight: 248.32
Function and Application
1. Feverfew extract has strong anti-tumor activity. This extract can destroy acute myeloid leukemia cells, which is of great help to the development of new drugs for leukemia. This extract can also targetedly eliminate the stem cells that cause acute and chronic myelogenous leukemia, and fundamentally curb the occurrence of diseases.
2. used to treat a variety of diseases from migraine to rheumatism. It can also be processed into powder (capsule) together with other natural medicinal plants.
3. can be used as an anti-wind agent to treat flatulence.
4. The extract of chrysanthemum can be used as a purgative and insecticide (parasite).
5. It can also be used to relieve kidney pain, dizziness and morning vomiting.
6. help improve the symptoms of cold and fever.